Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Little Monkey Turns 3!

Monkey!

I can't believe that you have now turned 3! Where has the time gone? You are still a bundle of joy as well as exasperation! You clobber your sisters if they get in your way, you don't allow anyone stolen displays of affection towards you, and you are still fiercely independent. There are times when I think I must have had a temporary lapse in sense bringing you home and times when I can't thank God enough for sending you to me. You fill my days with endless adventure and I am certainly never bored!

Your speech is coming along, making three and sometimes four word sentences. Your vocabulary has grown tremendously and it is all due to the great work of your speech therapist and your preschool teachers. You thrive among your peers and they seem to enjoy you as well. Just a few months before school let out, the mother of one of your classmates told me she thought her son harbored a huge crush on you because he was constantly talking about you. It seems most of the little boys you encounter find you irresistable. Even little Paul at the gym daycare enjoys your company. Don't let that go to your head, though, young lady. They don't know what a little pill you can be. Perhaps Paul might have already found that out, however, once you took that toy boat out of his hands by force.

This summer has been very exciting. I signed you up for swimming lessons and you had a ball! No fear of the pool for you...and that isn't surprising since you have never shown it from your very first bath. As a matter of fact, you flipped yourself over in the tub as much as you could at your 13 months of age and gave me quite a fright. Swimmer, gymnast, soccer player, pianist, mathematician...what will you be? Whatever it is you will have the freedom now to choose for yourself and I hope that you continue to have a ball along the way. Just don't break too many hearts. I love you!






No comments: