Tuesday, September 27, 2011


Jaina,

So much time has passed and I am much too busy raising you and enjoying you grow up for me
to keep up with this blog. Last summer you had yet another birthday. You turned 4! The time is hurrying on much too fast. Just last week we were looking at those old home movies of you in China and I felt tears come to my eyes. You were so small and frail. I truly felt like your father and I saved you. Now you are a beautiful and robust preschooler. You are social and have lots of friends. Your preschool teachers adore you and there is no doubt that you have brought a ray of sunshine to everyone around you. May the Lord always bless you and shine a light in your path. We are so unbelievably happy. Sometimes I wish
I could travel back to China and bring you a little sister, but perhaps you might not like that too much. You have two big sisters who dote on you and being the baby sister is way too much fun to give up to someone else!


My little one, the best decision your father and I made was adopting you. I hope that more families start seeing adoption as a great way to add to their families without having to go through more expensive, alternative methods simply to have a child of "their own". You are our own and even though you didn't grow under my heart, you grew in it. Blessed are we to have you in our lives. May you continue to grow in love. With this final entry I end this blog.

Jaina and her buddies.


No comments: